When a potential customer searches on Google for a local business they will notice a map with 3 local businesses. This is known as Google’s local 3-pack. Below you’ll see a local search for Oral Surgery in Ashburn VA with Google’s local 3-pack within the map.
With literally millions of webpage’s to compete with how do you get your business to appear in this very valuable online real estate?
There are over 100 factors to consider in the area of local SEO but for the purpose of this article we will only focus on the Top 15 factors to appear in Google’s local 3-pack according to Moz.
Consistent business information across the internet aka Citations play a critical role for the top 5 factors
- Physical Address in City of Search
- Consistency of Structured Citations
- Proper Google My Business Category Associations
- Proximity of Address to the Point of Search
- Quality/Authority of Structured Citations
Studies have shown over 40% of local businesses have inconsistent or blank business information across the internet. To verify your businesses information across the internet.
- Domain Authority of Website (Here’s a quick explainer video)
The next 3 factors focus on your Google My Business Profile or GMB. It is extremely important to ensure your Google My Business Profile is optimized properly.
- Product / Service Keyword in GMB Business Title (This means it’s important to ensure you’re Google My Business Profile is optimized)
- City, State in GMB Landing Page Title
- HTML NAP Matching GMB Location NAP
For number 10 your click through rate is closely associated with your Organic SEO which is beyond the scope of this article but it is closely associated with being on the first page of search results so potential customers will see your page and click on it.
- Click-Through Rate from Search Results
Most business owners know the frustration of trying to get customers to write reviews. To instantly increase online reviews from major sites like google, we recommend trying out RealiReviews.
- Quantity of Native Google Reviews (w/text)
Number 12 looks at how important sites are that have a links pointing to your website
- Quality/Authority of Inbound Links to Domain
Number 13 is another Google My Business factor
- Individually Owner-verified GMB Location
Number 14 is another Citation factor
- Quantity of Structured Citations (IYPs, Data Aggregators)
Number 15 is another Google My Business factor
- Quality/Authority of Inbound Links to GMB Landing Page URL
Breaking down the top 15 factors really covers 5 major areas.
- Google My Business
- Website Structure
- Online Reviews